This is something women genuinely feel at times. Usually in times of change in life’s milestones.
They might be going through a death in the family, a divorce or children have left home. Usually the most significant time is for women over 55 or when the dreaded menopause starts, I say dreaded because our society attitudes tell us that.
An example would be “Oh she is past it now!!! She’s having a hot flush! Don’t mind her.”
It is outrageous
It is insulting
Having been through all of the above I can say: there is no need to give into these stereotypes that are put on us.
Yes it takes work
There is no quick fix
It is a discipline
Some tried and tested things you can do to help you feel more visible are:
- Sort through that wardrobe. Seriously stop hanging on to things that date you and are carrying emotional ties. A bit harsh! Needs to be done.
- Find out your SoulStyle what you are really about. Not what you have carried along the way.
- Colour Analysis for who you are now and where you are going.
- Makeup purge. Yes all that stuff you have in the bottom drawer.
- Self Care. Deep self care. Rebuilding all those amazing qualities that you have.
I am passionate about women embracing ALL that they are, no matter what age.
You deserve to look and feel good.
Time for you.
Wouldn’t that be a great space to be in?
If this resonates with you, I have a workshop coming up 22nd June in Ballarat.
Alternatively if you would like me to come to Avoca Maryborough or Daylesford just send me an email here.
Want to join my list? Click here!